Come on!! Click that button, and become my biggest FAN!!!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Don't miss out on this....

What a crazy busy week it has been!!! I haven't gotten a lot accomplished on my "Christmas" projects, but I have had a lot of help, with getting the house cleaned up and some dejunking going on. YEAH for less CRAP!!!


I just wanted to share a movie/film that I watched last night.

Anyone ever hear of Fireproof. www.fireproofmymarriage.com

Well it's a great video on the marriage relationship specifically, but a lot of the concepts could be applied to other relationships as well.

The story goes something like this: One boy, one girl .... but not all happy and bliss. He's the captain at the fire station and fights fires and rescues people for a living, and the number one thing he points out that a fireman " Never leaves his partner".

She's a working woman, feels unappreciated, and wants more help at home, would like him to fix things up, and lots more things...

She says she wants out.... and he says FINE!!

When he tells his parents that they are probably over, they step in and strive to help him save his marriage with something the dad was going to mail to him later.

It was the LOVE DARE, it's a 40 day process of trying to find out how to love another imperfect person unconditionally. And no it isn't easy and not always fun, but when you get married it's for life, and we should work through the tough times, and the good times.

So the whole love dare is a process, but it also helps him find his faith in God, and over time, starts to realize what love really is, and what it isn't or shouldn't be.

Through his attempts to try and do this dare, his heart isn't really in it during the beginning, and every attempt he made ... she shot back down, and even told him that she doesn't love him. All the while, she starts becoming "attached" to a DR. at work.

And in the end..... well I don't want to give it all away. But I feel completely blessed that I watched this!! I think everyone should find a way to get a copy of this and really work on cherishing your spouse, and loving them with your whole heart and not just going through the motions.

This isn't my normal thing to do... but I don't want to forget this brief moment in my life, because I want to make sure that I'm with my husband FOREVER!!! Times get rough, but that's when a couple needs to come together and withstand the fire that rages about. I don't have the perfect marriage, but my husband is definitely my best friend, and I know he LOVES me, I just need to make sure that I don't take advantage of that!!

Cherish your family members, because life is too short not too!! And it's always full of surprises, and sadness and joy. Don't live your life with regrets. (as far as family members are concerned)