Come on!! Click that button, and become my biggest FAN!!!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Serving time ....

...in the KITCHEN.

Okay so I'm a HUGE DORK!!!

I just attempted to make brownies. And no, I didn't make them from scratch, so that's why I feel like an even bigger DORK!!! LOL......

Okay so the deal is.... I pulled down the box out of my pantry, and have been craving these delicious brownies for a while. So just now, and I mean JUST NOW, as in less then 2 minutes ago I have just entertained my husband, but he doesn't know it yet.

So you maybe wondering what the heck I'm talking about, well I'm glad I waited to post for today because this is just hilarious. Or maybe you'll think I'm just an IDIOT!!

But, you know how you follow the directions on the back of the box, well I added the 2 eggs, no problem there. I added the 1/2 cup of oil, no problem there. Well, when I went to add the water and started mixing it... I thought the batter was a little RUNNY, and that might just be an understatement!! I looked at the directions, and double checked the eggs, the oil, and then the WATER.

Oh. MY. GOSH!!!! The WATER!!!

I didn't just put 1/4 cup of water into it I added 1 cup on top of that for a total amount of 1 1/4 cups of water. Duh RETARD!!!

So the consistency seems to be that of cake, and maybe even a little bit more runny than that. OH FLIPPER SKINS!!! Well, I thought I could just add that many more boxes to make it right but HELLO that's like adding four more boxes of mix, which I DO HAVE. BUT I only want use them here and there and not to correct a huge mishap on my part. Like hello, go back to school and practice reading again. (Maybe this is more evidence that I need to wear my glasses MORE like ALL the TIME!!!)

I then started thinking what I could add to it so that it would be better, but hello trying to go from a box to a "homemade" version has got to be the hardest thing ever. So maybe I should just go throw some flour and more sugar into the mix, along with a little more oil ... ah heck who am I trying to KID!!?? So I'm going forward with the RUNNY BROWNIE BATTER and hope that the final version still tastes good.

Not to mention my mishap in the bath this morning. I was washing my hair and had just lathered up my head with the shampoo, all the while my brain and thoughts are off on a tangent somewhere in la la land. And then I open up the conditioner bottle and start rubbing it into my hair just as I realized I felt "slimy" hair. OH FLIPPER SKINS!!! I forgot to rinse the shampoo out before I did the conditioner step.

Luckily that was an easy fix, but maybe today is the day I should have just remained in my bed. Reading a book!!!

So I swear, if I ever have this happen again ... I'm going to scream somewhere in the "MOUNTAINS" where no one will hear me, and won't think something bad is happening. But wait, I forget that I'm screaming because it was something bad, but not the kind that makes you ... never mind... I think I'm having bouts of adult A.D.D. setting in. (I need to find that song again, it's FUNNY!!)