Come on!! Click that button, and become my biggest FAN!!!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Monthly Book Group Discussion.

Okay so I just got back from Book Group about an hour and half ago!!
Finally I feel like it is organized, and planned out ahead enough that I
can read ahead if I am able.

I sometimes feel out of place with some of the ladies that go, because
they seem to be great educated women, and have read a lot of the
books that tend to bore me to death. 

So for the next 11 months, I'm pledging (maybe I should insert committing instead)  to actually read every book
they have voted and agreed on for the book group. Although I feel
a little overwhelmed when one book was suggested and the
lady had mentioned the book wasn't very long, I came home
and checked on it, and holy shmoly it is like 782 pages.

And it's a Russian literature read.  But luckily that one isn't until October, so
maybe I can start like now, and finish by then, and hopefully read all the others in between.

So here are the books in case you are interested:

The Thief  ---   Megan Whalen Turner
Woman in White --- Wilkie Collins  (I'm really excited for this one!!!)
A Heart Like His: Making Space for God's Love in your Life  ----- Virginia H. Pearce
Resurrection  --- Leo Tolstoy
The Hiding Place --- Corrie Ten Boom  (I've been wanting to read this one for a while now)
Half Broke Horses -- Jeannette Walls
Till We Have Faces -- C.S. Lewis
The Idiot --- Fyodor Dostoevsky   (I'm almost scared to read this one)
The Color of Water --- James McBride
Jane Eyre  --- Charlotte Brontë
Sorcery and Cecelia ---- Patricia C. Wrede, Caroline Stevermer  (This one sounds interesting in how it was written.  One lady write a part of the book, and sends it to the other, and she writes the next part, and then sends it back to the first and so on, and the crazy thing is the other doesn't know how it is going to end because of how they wrote it.)

There you have it.  So if you want a suggestion check out one of these.